Thursday, October 2, 2008

Color and geography

My DH and I travel frequently. One of the things that I enjoy most about our travels is looking at the colors in other parts of the country. We live in the subtropics - sunsets are mango, watermelon, and sky blue. Everything is a rich pure green except for the palm trunks which are light grey and brown. Flowers range from rich oranges to brilliant pinks and magentas; the ocean is aqua. With all of this beauty I still relish the colors of other parts of the country. The palate expands with neutrals so warm and rich, and skies of more dilute blues and greys...

This weekend we are off to Apalachicola, Florida for a visit with my favorite uncle. I look forward to the pines and darker rivers of north Florida. Moss and sage greens rule the landscape, and texture is everywhere! I will be collecting some things this weekend to bring back for texture in my deconstructed printing. Hopefully I can snag a big piece of Spanish Moss.

It will also be wonderful to be in cooler weather for a change. We just got out of the 90's this week. It is in the 50's at night where we are going. Yippee!

Color, temperature, and geography are such powerful artistic influences. Are you taking advantage of everything around you?

No comments:

 
Dyers Web Ring
Powered By Ringsurf