Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Photos on this Blog

Here's a link to photos of some of my creations http://picasaweb.google.com/pam.hebding/PamSWork#

As you can see, the photos were taken at my home in South Florida where it is HOT HOT HOT! The habotai silk that I am using is 8mm, which is what you would normally use as a lining. I decided to use it for jackets and tanks as a stand alone fabric. That limits me to unstructured jackets and the like and requires VERY careful sewing. There are lots of french seams and tons of hand stitching. Before I tried to beat this fabric into becoming a stand alone fabric I wondered if it would withstand use and laundering. I am happy to report that the fabric, properly constructed, works well on its own. And, fulfilling my goal of covering my over 50 body without dieing of heat stroke was accomplished. These garments are unbelievably light and cool to wear.

No comments:

 
Dyers Web Ring
Powered By Ringsurf